- 4 medium ripe spotty bananas (5 if they're smaller)
- 70g melted vegan butter
- 80g coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (add 3 tbsp water to 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds and leave for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 180g all purpose flour
- 100g chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Make the flax egg in small bowl and leave it aside.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, melted butter, flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, salt and stir everything together.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Don't over mix the batter. The less you stir the mixture, the fluffier the muffins will be when baked.
- For easy clean up line your muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease muffin pan with vegan butter or oil.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown or once a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
Note: Makes about 10 to 12 muffins.