- 20 fresh pited dates
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 100g dark chocolate for coating
- Freeze dried strawberries for garnish
- Place dates, vanilla and salt in a food processor, process until combined.
- Add peanut butter and cacao and process.
- Take out the mixture and knead it to check if its properly combined.
- Make bite size balls and place them on a tray lined with a parchment paper. The mixture should not stick to your hands. If it does, just add cacao powder.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water (make sure that the bowl is not touching the hot water)
- Dip the truffle balls in chocolate. Take them out with a fork and wait for the excess chocolate to drip of. Then place them on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Crush the freeze dried strawberries and sprinkle all over.
Note: Makes about 20 truffles. Store them in a fridge.