Delicious and easy to make - no baking required. These will be good for kids lunch boxes, or as a hiking or traveling snack. Filled with natural sugar, nuts and seeds will keep you satisfied.
- 20-25 fresh soft dates (I used mazafati dates)
- 130g quick oats
- 175g crunchy peanut butter
- 40g dried cranberries
- 115g mixed nuts ( i used almond flakes, pecans and hazelnuts )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Place dates, vanilla and 5 tbsp of hot water in a food processor, process until forms a smooth paste.
- Lightly roast quick oats on a pan for couple of minutes.
- Chop the nuts and lightly roast them too.
- Place oats, nuts and all the seeds in a bowl and mix everything together.
- Place peanut butter in medium size pot on lowest heat and warm it up. Add date paste and mix well.
- Now add oats, nuts and seeds and quickly mix everything together.
- Then transfer your mixture to a baking tin that's been lined with plastic wrap or baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Compress it well so it doesn't crumble when you take it out.
- Let it cool down completely before you take it out and cut in desired shape.
Note: Makes about 12 granola bars. Store them in a fridge in airtight container.