It's been a while since I posted a new recipe because lately I have been so unmotivated. So here is easy and delicious bounty bar recipe. It was born one evening when I wanted something sweet, but had nothing at home so I went through all the kitchen shelves and ended up with this.
- 200g desiccated coconut + to sprinkle on top
- 70g coconut milk at room temperature (use only the white part)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 300g 70% dark chocolate
- Place desiccated coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil and agave nectar in a bowl and mix everything together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture out. Compress it so it's around 1 - 1.5 cm thick.
- Place the compressed mixture in fridge for about 20 minutes so everything solidifies and holds together.
- After 20 minutes you can melt the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt it over a pot of boiling water. Stir occasionally. The water should NOT touch the bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting cut the coconut mixture into squares and round the edges with your fingers.
- Now place one bounty bar on a fork and pour chocolate all over it with a spoon. Let the excess chocolate drip back in bowl and carefully place it back on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top and place them back in fridge to harden the chocolate.
Note: Keep them in airtight container in fridge. This makes around 22 bars.