Nothing much has happened since New Year. Today was a cold day and to warm up I made this easy creamy beetroot soup with ginger and cayenne.
We are waiting for our final tiny house designs and hope that we can soon start documenting the process of building it.
- 400g potatoes
- 700g beet root
- 85g coconut milk (only solid white part)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized leek (only white part)
- 2 tsp ground onion powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Cut garlic and leek into small pieces and cook them in a pot for 3 minutes in olive oil. Constantly stirring so they don't burn.
- Add ½ cup of water to your cooked leeks and garlic.
- Dissolve bouillon cube and onion powder in it.
- Cut beets and potatoes in small cubes and add them to the pot.
- Pour water in the pot so veggies are completely covered under the water.
- Boil until potatoes as soft.
- When they are ready turn of the heat and add ginger and cayenne. Stir everything together.
- Transfer everything to a blender and add coconut milk and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.