Written by Madara
- 320g all-purpose flour
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 125g vegan butter
- 2tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2tbsp gingerbread spice mix
- orange zest from 1 orange
- 4tbsp orange juice
- 4tbsp plant milk (I used rice&almond milk)
- Powdered sugar
- Plant milk
- Vegan food colour or dried fruit powders.
- Crushed nuts (I used pistachios)
- Place coconut sugar, vegan butter, milk, orange juice and orange zest in a pot.
- Put it on low heat and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and add molasses and gingerbread spice mix and stir everything together.
- Mix flour and soda together.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture gradually to form the dough.
- The dough will be warm and sticky. Leave it to cool down and then wrap it in a plastic wrap and leave in a fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 170C.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- If you want to ice your cookies let them completely cool down.
- Mix icing sugar with a tiny bit of milk and mix well.
- Add more sugar if the consistency is too runny.
- You should end up with a thick paste.
- Spread it on the cookies and cover them with nuts while the icing is still sticky.